The Silver Study Package (Online)
CREDIT: 96 Hours
The Silver Study Package includes all 96 hours of pre-licensing education required in Kentucky. Courses included in this package:
PART A: Modern Real Estate Practices (60 Hours Online)
This portion of the program is 60 credit hours and covers general real estate principles and foundational concepts. This course covers Home Ownership Concepts, Agency, Brokerage, Listing Agreements, Buyer Representation, Real Estate Liens, Financing Practices, Lease Arrangements, Appraisals, Land Use Issues, Environmental Issues, Investments, ANSI, Law of Contracts and more topics associated with the practice of real estate.
PART B: Kentucky License Law (36 Hours Online)
This portion of the program covers Kentucky specific license laws, regulations, and statutes. This course covers Kentucky Real Estate Commission Rules, Ethics, Disciplinary Actions/Complaints, Disclosures, RESPA, Agency, and Duties to Clients, Fair Housing, Contracts & Offers, Advertising & Marketing, Loans & Taxes and other topics associated with practicing real estate in Kentucky. Included in this part of the course is a glossary packet (PDF), study resources, the course project, and final exam (taken once Part A and B are finished). The course project consists of two case studies one for the buyer and one for the seller, forms required to be filled out for both the buyer and the seller (great practice for when you are in the field), and a project quiz. The course final exam is proctored and required by Kentucky law. It can be taken at the KRI Office in Lexington or by KRI's online proctoring service (available 24/7).
Video Demo Available Soon!
- Enrollment: You will be enrolled in the course within 1-2 business days from the date of purchase. You will receive an email with login information at the email address associated with your user account. Please check your spam folder if you don't receive the email within 3 business days.
- Shipping: Textbooks are not included in this package.
- Access: Access to the courses is available for one (1) year from the date of purchase. You may review any portion of the course you have completed within your 1-year timeframe – even after you have received your certificate of completion. Online courses are tracked by the online learning platform. Course work, seat time, etc. is recorded in the system. You may log in/out of the online course at any time. Your work will be saved each time.
- Compliance: To be in compliance with KREC, you will be required to complete Part A, Part B, complete the course project, complete a course affidavit, as well as take and pass a proctored final exam.
- Final Exam: The final exam is taken once both Part A, Part B, and the course project is completed. The final exam is a blend of Part A and Part B. A final exam score of 75% or greater is required to pass and one (2) retakes is allowed. The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- Certificate: A completion certificate will be emailed within 10 business days of completion of the course and all it's requirements to the email address you registered with.
- Course Cancellation Policy: If you drop out of the course within 30 days, you will receive a refund of 75% of registration fees paid at that time and will have to pay the full amount to re-register for the course. The refund will only be available if you did not complete any portion of the program. Beyond 30 days, no refund is available. Re-entry into the program would require registering for the courses at full price. To review our Policies & Procedures, click here.
- Course Instructor: You have a course instructor available to you while you are enrolled in this course. The instructor's information is provided to you in the welcome email that is sent with your access information for the course, as well as within the course.
- Technical Support: Technical Support information is provided to you in the welcome email that is sent with your access information for the course, as well as within the course.
- KRI Support: Contact for issues including problems accessing your course or if you get locked out, or for any other questions about the process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: A criminal conviction may prevent an applicant from qualifying for licensure under KRS 324.045. Per Kentucky law, students are not allowed to complete more than 9 hours of Pre-Licensing coursework per day. It's the students' responsibility to track their hours. Please contact KRI with any questions.
Already Registered and Trying To Login? Login Here