Principles of Home Inspection: Systems & Standards
Broker: 96 Hours
This fully revamped interactive online course offers aspiring home inspectors a basement-to-chimney guide to the modern inspection profession. This online course is approved for 96 broker hours and is great for anyone trying to knock out hours to get their brokers license. If you purchase this course you find that it has a great mix of video, reading and learning exercises. Additionally, you can get 6 hours (3 law) of continuing education.
For every major house system, this course explains the component problems, their practical implications, and the inspection strategies for finding them. No other introduction offers the breadth and the depth of this course. Including 11 hours of video instruction, hundreds of detailed technical illustrations, color photographs, interactive exercises, progress quizzes, and comprehensive exams, this is the most complete home inspection course on the market.
This course requires a final exam that is proctored per Kentucky law. Once the course is complete, the final exam can be scheduled. The exam can be taken with our online proctoring service. There are no additional fees for the proctoring services, it's included in the cost of the program.
Video Demo Available Soon!
- Standards and Reports Plus Business
- Insulation and Ventilation
- Electrical Systems
- Gas Furnaces
- Oil Furnaces
- Hot Water Boilers
- Other Aspects of Heating
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pumps
Please click here prior to registering for this course to ensure you understand the completion process
- Enrollment: You will be enrolled in the course within 1-2 business days from the date of purchase. You will receive an email with login information at the email address associated with your user account. Please check your spam folder if you don't receive the email within 3 business days.
- Access: Access to the course is available for one (1) year from the date of purchase. You may review any portion of the course you have completed within your 1-year timeframe – even after you have received your certificate of completion. Online courses are tracked by the online learning platform. Course work, seat time, etc. is recorded in the system. You may log in/out of the online course at any time. Your work will be saved each time.
- Compliance: To be in compliance with KREC, you will be required to complete an affidavit, take an online final exam and complete the survey at the end of the course.
- Final Exam: A final exam score of 75% or greater is required to pass and two (2) retakes are allowed.
- Reported: Once you fully complete the course (course work, final exam, affidavit and course evaluation), you will be reported to the Kentucky Real Estate Commission within the required 10 business days.
- Certificate: A completion certificate will be emailed within 10 business days of completion of the course and all its requirements to the email address you registered with.
- Course Cancellation Policy: If you drop out of the course within 7 days of purchase, you will receive a partial refund. At that time, 75% of registration fees paid will be refunded, only if no more than ½ the course was completed. Beyond 7 days, no refund is available. Re-entry into the program would require registering for the courses at full price. To review our Policies & Procedures, click here.
- Course Instructor: You have a course instructor available to you while you are enrolled in this course. The instructor's information is provided to you in the welcome email that is sent with your access information for the course, as well as within the course.
- Technical Support - Contact for technical issues including problems accessing your course, navigating through the course or if you get locked out. Tech support will be available via email during regular business hours.
M-Th: 8am-10pm (ET), Fr: 8am-9pm (ET); 888-213-5124; REtechsupport@dearborn.com.
- KRI Support - Contact if you have questions on the process to obtain your broker's license, etc... please call KRI or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Already Registered and Trying To Login? Login Here