KENTUCKY REAL ESTATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
- 18 years of age
- Have attained a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalency.
- Completed six (6) semester credit hours in real estate courses from an accredited college or university OR ninety-six (96) hours in real estate pre-licensing education from an approved provider (this program counts as that qualification as KRI is an approved provider with KREC).
- Complete FBI criminal background check.
- Take and pass the Kentucky Sales Associate licensing exam with PSI (this can NOT be taken prior to completing pre-license courses)
- Must apply for licensure within sixty (60) days of passing the licensing exam.
For more information, you may contact the Kentucky Real Estate Commission (KREC).
ELIGIBILITY FOR TESTING
All sales associate and broker candidates must have initiated the FBI Criminal Background report process before scheduling for an examination. For more information on the FBI report process, visit the KREC Criminal Background Check page.
All sales associate and broker candidates must have completed all of the required education hours before making a test reservation. If you undergo testing before meeting eligibility standards, your test scores will be voided.
If you have questions regarding testing, the criminal background check, or eligibility to take the sales associate or broker examination, please contact KREC’s Licensing Department.
Licensing exams are administered by PSI, a third-party testing service. To find out more about PSI, visit their website at candidate.psiexams.com or call 800.733.9267. When registering for the PSI license exam, a KRI student would input the provider name and provide them with the school code.
Beginning January 1, 2016, post-license education went into effect which requires all new sales associate licensees to complete forty-eight (48) hours of post-license education courses within two (2) years of obtaining and activating a real estate license. To learn more about this requirement, click here.