Fairhaven: A Fair Housing Simulation (Non-Kentucky REALTOR Members)
CE: 3 Elective Hours
PLE: 3 Fair Housing
Fairhaven: A Fair Housing Simulation is an online interactive simulation training in which agents will confront discrimination in real estate transactions from the point of view of both agent and client. The simulation portion was created and is copyrighted by NAR. KRI is proud to have partnered with NAR to provide this education.
In the training, agents work against the clock to sell homes in the fictional town of Fairhaven, confronting various scenarios in which discrimination gets in the way. Agents make choices about how to handle each scenario, advancing through the simulation based on their answers. At each step, the course provides actionable feedback to give agents the tools to prevent and address discrimination in their daily business transactions.
In an innovative approach, the course also puts agents in the role of a client experiencing discrimination. The client point-of-view scenarios are paired with powerful video testimonials illustrating the impact of housing discrimination in real people’s lives. The course’s use of storytelling and experiential learning is intended to drive deep introspection, willing acceptance of the principles of fair housing, and lasting behavior change.
- Enrollment: You will be enrolled in the course(s) within 1-2 business days from the date of purchase. You will receive an email with login information at the email address associated with your user account. Please check your spam folder if you don't receive the email within 3 business days.
- Access: All of the online courses allow access for one (1) year from the date of purchase. Your completion date of the course determines the year the credit will be issued. You may review any portion of the course you have completed within your 1-year timeframe – even after you have received your certificate of completion. The course will be available to you throughout your 1-year time-frame. Members or non-members can not take the course more than once in a calendar year.
- Compliance: To be in compliance with KREC, you will be required to complete an affidavit, take an online final exam, and complete the survey at the end of each course.
- Final Exam: A final exam score of 75% or greater is required to pass and two (2) retakes are allowed for each of the above courses. If a member or non-member would fail the course final exam, they would need to wait to take it again the next calendar year.
- Reported: Once you fully complete each course listed above (course work, final exam, affidavit and course evaluation), you will be reported to the Kentucky Real Estate Commission within the required 10 business days for that completed course.
- Certificate: You will receive a completion certificate from each of the courses above. Some certificates are provided upon completion within the system, the others will be emailed within 10 business days to the email address you registered with.
- Course Cancellation Policy: If you drop out of the course within 7 days of purchase, you will receive a full refund. If more than ½ of the course was completed a refund will not be granted. After 7 days, no refund is available. To review our Policies & Procedures, click here.
Already Registered and Trying To Login? Login Here
Tech Support (Canvas): Contact for technical issues including problems accessing your course, navigating through the course or if you get locked out. Submit a ticket, by clicking on the Help button, which is located on the left-hand panel in Canvas. Select to report a problem. Once a ticket is submitted within 1-2 business days KRI will contact you to follow up.
For other support questions, please email email@example.com