Commercial and Investment in Real Estate: Tools of the Trade
Broker: 20 Hours
CE: 9 Hours (3 Law)
PLE: 9 Finance Hours
This program is 20 credit hours and is approved by the KREC for applicants working towards their broker's license. During this comprehensive course, you will explore investments that may be tax-deductible and how to perform these calculations. Eventually, properties may be sold, possibly triggering capital gains taxes. We will also look at the rules and ramifications of capital gains taxes and introduce the possibility of a 1031 exchange. In this course, you will review the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, signed into law in December 2017, which changed many laws pertaining to commercial and investment real estate taxation and deductions.
Video Demo Available Soon!
- Enrollment: You will be enrolled in the course within 1-2 business days from the date of purchase. You will receive an email with login information at the email address associated with your user account. Please check your spam folder if you don't receive the email within 3 business days.
- Access: Access to the course is available for one (1) year from the date of purchase. You may review any portion of the course you have completed within your 1-year timeframe – even after you have received your certificate of completion. Online courses are tracked by the online learning platform. Course work, seat time, etc. is recorded in the system. You may log in/out of the online course at any time. Your work will be saved each time.
- Compliance: To be in compliance with KREC, you will be required to complete a course affidavit, complete the course survey at the end of the course and take a final exam.
- Final Exam: A final exam score of 75% or greater is required to pass with two (2) retakes allowed. The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- Reported: Once you fully complete the course (course work, final exam, affidavit and course evaluation), you will be reported to the Kentucky Real Estate Commission within the required 10 business days.
- Certificate: A completion certificate will be emailed within 10 business days of completion of the course and all it's requirements to the email address you registered with.
- Course Cancellation Policy: If you drop out of the course within 7 days of purchase, you will receive a partial refund. At that time, 75% of registration fees paid will be refunded, only if no more than ½ the course was completed. Beyond 7 days, no refund is available. Re-entry into the program would require registering for the courses at full price. To review our Policies & Procedures, click here.
- Course Instructor: You have a course instructor available to you while you are enrolled in this course. The instructor's information is provided to you in the welcome email that is sent with your access information for the course, as well as within the course.
- Technical Support - Contact for technical issues including problems navigating through the course. Submit a ticket, by clicking on the Help button within the system, which is located on the left-hand panel in Canvas. Select to report a problem. Once a ticket is submitted within 1-2 business days KRI will contact you to follow up.
- KRI Support - Contact for issues including problems accessing your course or if you get locked out if you have questions on the process to obtain your brokers license, etc... please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Already Registered and Trying To Login? Login Here